Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Disappointing News....challenging myself

Ugh, our dossier should be arriving today in country. However last night we recieved some dissappointing news. When we committed to Ella it was though that she was already cleared for adoption. Then we were told that it was not until sometime in October. Well, now they (the SDA in her country) is saying not until Jan. Her country closes down for submittals sometime in November until sometime in February.
We are heartbroken. We are ready for her to be home, why should she sit in an orphanage parentless, when we are ready. That's 4+ months of her legs getting tighter and tighter, her not getting the proper nutrition, her not learning to bond with other people, her not having therapy. We are heartbroken, but we know everything will work out how it is supposed to. Thankfully we were extended at our base until summer, we were supposed to have to move in the spring.
I was just telling some AWESOME friends last night, that we were ready to take on the debt of another adoption. We would just pay it off once she was home, like we are doing with Anastasia. Well, we are 9,000 something short so far, and I am challenging myself to not have to go into debt for this, we have been given more time, wether we like it or not, and I intend to use it wisely.
Adoption is not easy. When Anastasia came out of her room this morning, I felt so thankful. So thankful, that what seemed like impossible, was possible, to bring her into our family.
I've added an expense thermometer. The money on it so far represents, the 8,000 we have saved ourselves so far, the money committed to us by some close friends, donations, etc... And as donations come in and as we are able to save money from our paychecks I will add to that thermometer. I love a challenge!!


  1. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. I will be praying for you and for Ella to be cleared very, very soon.

    What a great challenge you have set for yourself too. I need to order some t-shirts. :-)

  2. I was so heartbroken when I read this news. I hope that during this infoced time of waiting that you find peace and the remaining funds that you need. And that you will be able to travel EARLY spring to bring this most beautiful treasure home.

    We're thinking about all of you

  3. Hi from another RR mom playing the waiting game. Our Caroline ("Heather"-Other Angels) won't be cleared until "Aprilish" of 2011...you know how EE loves to be vague! I've got no words of wisdom, just wanted to say Hang in there and wish you best of luck with the fund raising. By the way, your Ella is precious. :)

  4. If anyone can do it I know that you and Gary can!

  5. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Perhaps we will meet in EE in 2011, while bringing home our girls..take care of yourself